The Assam Government has issued a new notice regarding regulation of fees in non governmental educational institutions in the state. Following are the key points :
- Non- governmental schools and colleges charging fee below the amount stated below in the notice for different classes and streams will be exempted detrimention of fees.
- The amount stated for different classes and streams are –
Pre primary and Class I to V = Rs. 27000
Class VI to Class X = Rs. 32000
Class XI to XII = Rs 32000
- Science = Rs. 37000
- Humanties = Rs 32000
- Commerce = Rs. 33000
Other streams = Rs. 35000
- States that the schools and colleges charging more than the amount mentioned will have to submit a proposal or approval and fixation of fee.
- The total fee mentioned here contains all categories of fee like, admission fee, tuition fee and other fees respectively.
- This shall be applicable from the academic year 2021-2022.