Born in a typical middle class family to a school headmaster, actor Bondip Sarma’s journey has been an incredible one. From working in major movies like Chichore to popular series like Asur, the actor has proved himself worthy of being in the industry.
1. What are your artistic inspirations/influences, specifically regarding how you approach your acting?
My artistic inspiration are people around me, the characters I meet, I see, the plays I watch. To name a few, Irrfan Khan, Kay Kay Menon, Manoj Bajpayee, Vishal Bharadwaj, Anurag Kashyap,Gulzaar, the list is endless. Along with them there are painters, writers, poets and playwright and different people who inspire me every day.
2. Which are some acts and artists you have collaborated with ?
I work with a theatre group in Mumbai called Hoshruba Repertory and the director is a well known theatre artist, poet, actor storyteller Mr Danish Husain. Plays that I am part of are Qissa Urdu ki Aakhri Kitaab ka, Guards at the Taj, Untitled 1, Chinese Coffee and many more.
I have done a small character in the movie Chhichhore and worked with Sushant Singh Rajput,Varun Sharma,Shraddha Kapoor and director Nitesh Tiwari
I have played a junior forensic officer in the new web series for Voot Select named Asur along with few good names like Mr Arshad Warsi, Mr Sharib Hashmi, Mr Barun Sobti and Riddhi Dogra and the show was directed by Mr Oni Sen
I have also done few short films like The Cup ,Best Friends Forever, The Learner, The perfect smile and few others at festivals across the globe. I am also associated with the dubbing industry and have given my voice for few ads and two cartoon series.
3. If you could work with /for any artist from present or the past who would it be?
If it was up to me, I would to do a show featuring Vincent Van Gogh, Jim Morrison, Jyoti Prasad Agarwala, Bishnu Rabha ,Dr Bhupen Hazarika , Zubeen Garg and Guru Dutt and the name of the show will be “Lets Serve Art”
4. We knowing your artistic prowess in studio and live sessions, what will be the most useless talent that you have on a lighter note?
I think my useless talent is Sketching
5. If you could share one suggestion in which our independent film scene can be made more solid / one thing you will do or would like you to change about the Indian film scene , what would that be?
My suggestion for the independent film scene is good performances and storytelling.
6. What are your opinions on the modern theatrics and independent short films scene in the northeast / some heads up to the artists or scenes the fans can follow?
There are few good directors from northeast working really good like Rima Das ,Bhaskar Hazarika. I would suggest there films like Kothanodi and Aamis.
7. What’s next for you?
My next will be an Assamese web series and short film.