The co-producer of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s biopic – ‘PM Narendra Modi’, which is set to release in theatres post COVID-19 lockdown later this week, has registered a complaint against a person for giving rape threats to his female relatives on social media.
According to the complaint registered by Amit Wadhwani, he had made a post about the re-release of the movie on Saturday. In the comments, an account by the name of “Optimistix Optimistix” blamed ‘people like Wadhwani’ for the death of Sushant Singh Rajput and went on to make unsavory remarks about his daughter.
“I don’t even have a daughter. However, what was scarier was that he also posted a picture of me and my two year old son in the comments. I have never posted that picture on Facebook,” said Wadhwani who also has business interests in fields like real estate, ed-tech, and the auto industry.
An official from Chembur police confirmed that after receiving the said complaint, an FIR had been registered against the person owning the said account.
“We have booked the accused under sections 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman), 500 (defamation) and 501 (printing matter known to be defamatory) of Indian penal code and section 67 (Publishing or transmitting obscene material in electronic form) of Information technology act,” said the officer. He added that further investigation in the matter is underway.
Inputs: Mumbai Mirror